Re: [patch 0/2][NETNS49][IPV4][IGMP] activate multicast per namespace

Daniel Lezcano <dlezcano@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The following patches activate the multicast sockets for
> the namespaces. The results is a traffic going through
> differents namespaces. So if there are several applications
> listenning to the same multicast group/port, running in
> different namespaces, they will receive multicast packets.

At a first glance this feels wrong.  I don't see any per
namespace filtering of multicast traffic.  Unless the
multicast traffic is routed/bridged between namespaces
it should be possible to send multicast traffic in one
namespace and listen for that same traffic in another
namespace and not get it.

Eric