Re: [patch -mm 1/5] mqueue namespace : add struct mq_namespace

Hello Kirill,

Kirill Korotaev wrote:
> Cedric,
>
> how safe does it intersect with netlinks from network namespace?
> I see mqueues can send netlink messages, have you checked how safe it is?

a ref is taken on the 'struct sock' in the mq_notify() syscall and the
skbuff which will be send to notify the user is also allocated in the
mq_notify() syscall. So we should be in the same net namespace when we
register the notification and when we notify.

I hope the net guys can confirm or we will easily check in the next
-lxc patchset which will merge this patchset with netns.

however, we have an issue with the signal notification in __do_notify()
we could kill a process in a different pid namespace.

C.