Re: [RFC][patch 0/1] fix allnoconfig for net-2.6.24

Eric W. Biederman wrote:
dlezcano@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

The kernel compilation fails with allnoconfig with an unresolved to init_net.
I tryed to figure out how to fix that. The problem is raised because the
init_net
variable is defined as extern in net_namespace.h while the variable is declared
in net_namespace.c. This file is not compiled because of the config options and
that leads to the compilation error.

Ok.  We seem to have the same issue with the ipc namespace.
And it uses the INIT_IPC_NS macro to handle it.

I wonder if we can do something similar here.

It looks like the initialization of nsproxy is the big gotcha.

I noticed the uts namespace defines the init_uts_ns in init/version.c, so I
moved
the init_net to this file too. The compilation error is fixed.

But I don't like really this approach because:
	1 - we fall under a part not covered by the network
	2 - we add a new include net_namespace.h in version.c

Does this fix seems correct ? I just want to fix it for now to have net-2.6.24
compiling for all configs.

I think we can probably spend a couple more hours and fix things cleanly.
If that we can't figure out a clean solution I'm happy to deal with the
hack.  But if we can find something clean and maintainable I would
very much prefer that.

So do you think you can come up with something based on the model
of INIT_IPC_NS?

Sure, I will send it in a few hours ...