Re: [Devel] Re: [RFD] L2 Network namespace infrastructure

Ben Greear wrote:
> Kirill Korotaev wrote:
>
>>Patrick McHardy wrote:
>>

>>>I believe OpenVZ stores the current namespace somewhere global,
>>>which avoids passing the namespace around. Couldn't you do this
>>>as well?
>>>

>>yes, we store a global namespace context on current
>>(can be stored in per-cpu as well).
>>
>>do you prefer this way?
>>

> For what it's worth, I don't prefer this way as I can see wanting to
> have one application
> use several namespaces at once....

As I wrote to you in another email, it's not a problem,
since applications itself do not own network namespace.

It is objects like sockets which are binded to net namespace and thus
you can have sockets from different namespaces in one application
regardless of mechanism of context handling we talk about.

Thanks,
Kirill