pspace child_reaper

Cedric Le Goater <clg at fr.ibm.com> writes:

> I think there is some confusion here. we need a process 1 of course but it
> does not have to be necessarily a user space /sbin/init process.
>
>> I also believe that most of the advantages of not having an init
>> process can be had with a trivial (probably static) init program that
>> only calls waitpid.  Taking essentially no resources.
>
> yes that could be one solution, or doing it in a kthread.
>
> but leaving it up to user space to do the right thing (handle sigchld) in
> the process doing the unshare seems a better solution.

I believe we are in violent agreement :)

Eric

[Index of Archives]     [Cgroups]     [Netdev]     [Linux Wireless]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Security]     [Linux for Hams]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite Forum]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux Admin]     [Samba]