Re: default value of esize (min_encrypt_offload size)

On 09/26, Steve French wrote:
Does anyone have perf data on enabling esize (minimum size to
determine if worth offloading for decryption) and what size (e.g. I
was thinking 256K or 512K minimum encryption offload size)?

Does setting esize help any workloads you have tried - and which ones?

On my very shallow tests, with esize=1, offloading decryption has a
2x perf improvement.

Decryption is (currently?) very costly -- I see an average of 700ms per
4MiB payload on my test VM (with a high of 900ms!).

IMHO the "inflight > 1" criteria is the best way to determine whether
to offload decryption.

I don't really have an opinion on esize/min_enc_offload, but if it's so
hard to determine a default or minimum value to it, imagine leaving that
choice to the user.

My 2c,

Enzo