Re: [REGRESSION][BISECTED][STABLE] Commit 60e3318e3e900 in stable/linux-6.1.y breaks cifs client failover to another server in DFS namespace

On 27.06.24 22:16, Christian Heusel wrote:
> On 24/06/26 03:09PM, Andrew Paniakin wrote:
>>>
>>> If I understand the report correctly the regression is specific for the
>>> current 6.1.y stable series, so also not much the CIFS devs themselves
>>> can do. Maybe the stable team missed the report with the plethora of
>>> mail that they get.. I'll change the subject to make this more prominent
>>> for them.
>>>
>>> I think a good next step would be to bisect to the commit that fixed the
>>> relevant issue somewhere between v6.1.54..v6.2-rc1 so the stable team
>>> knows what needs backporting .. You can do that somewhat like so[0]:
>>
>> Bisection showed that 7ad54b98fc1f ("cifs: use origin fullpath for
>> automounts") is a first good commit. Applying it on top of 6.1.94 fixed
>> the reported problem. It also passed Amazon Linux kernel regression
>> tests when applied on top of our latest kernel 6.1. Since the code in
>> 6.1.92 is a bit different I updated the original patch:
>
> I think it might make sense to send the backported version of the patch
> for inclusion to the stable tree directly (see "Option 3" [here][0]).
>
> [0]: https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/next/process/stable-kernel-rules.html#option-3

Hmmm, unless I'm missing something it seems nobody did so. Andrew, could
you take care of that to get this properly fixed to prevent others from
running into the same problem?

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
If I did something stupid, please tell me, as explained on that page.

#regzbot poke