Re: Samba ctime still reported incorrectly

On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 03:16:02PM -0500, Steve French wrote:

Another test to try is xfstest generic/728 (which checks that ctime is
updated on setxattr)
and xfstest generic/236 (checking that ctime is updated when hardlink updated,
where I originally found this bug)

Well remember the time tests are meant only to pass vs a Windows SMB3
server. So we need to make sure everything works there *first*, then
if we need to tweak specific behavior for POSIX+SMB3 we can look
into changes based on a POSIX handle being negotiated.

But that should be a last resort IMHO.