Re: Request to include a couple of fixes to stable branches

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 8:41 PM Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 07:11:48PM +0530, Shyam Prasad N wrote:
> > Hi stable maintainers,
> >
> > We seem to have missed adding the stable tag to a couple of important
> > patches that went upstream for fs/smb/client. Can you please include
> > them in all the stable trees?
> >
> > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=4f1fffa2376922f3d1d506e49c0fd445b023a28e
> > https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=79520587fe42cd4988aff8695d60621e689109cb
>
> These do not apply properly at all to any stable kernel trees, did you
> get them to work?  How did you test this?
>
> Please send a set of working backports and we will be glad to apply
> them.
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

Hi Greg,

I have not applied these to stable kernel versions yet.
So no testing has been run on stable trees yet.
Let me work on patches to the stable trees and share them with you soon.

All the tests so far have been with the mainline kernel.
The testing involved simulated network disconnects when the Linux
kernel source code was being copied into the SMB share.
Our team has been running stress tests on the mainline kernel, and
there's nothing alarming seen so far.
Also, these changes have not regressed any of the xfstests.

--
Regards,
Shyam