Re: SMB 1.0 broken between Kernel versions 6.2 and 6.5

On Wed, 7 Feb 2024 at 18:56, R. Diez <rdiez-2006@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hallo Steve:
>
> I wonder what would happen if the SMB server said it can take a maximum of 2048 Bytes, and you insist on 4096. Would the connection still work later on? Wouldn't it be better to abort the connection with a descriptive error message?

There are no servers that we would care about that have limits that
low. And if there were we could just open a bug against the server to
fix it server-side.

If a server refuses to work with anything larger than 2048 bytes it is
completely valid to just shutdown the session and refuse to connect to
the server.