Re: State of unix extensions and symlink support

To clarify, are you asking about symlinks that appear as symlinks both
to the client and the server?

There are many cases where emulated symlinks (that appear as symlinks
to the client, but expose no security risk on the server as they are
emulated) - "mfysmlinks" (also what the Mac client uses) are preferred
to enable.   The Linux client has this mount option so that symlinks
can be emulated without requiring the server to support reparse points
(see Paulo's recent patches for example) which are common for Windows
for symlinks or without requiring the SMB3.1.1 Unix Extensions.

--
Thanks,

Steve