Re: cifs hardlink misbehaviour in generic/002?

On Fri, Dec 01, 2023 at 02:29:41PM -0300, Paulo Alcantara wrote:
David Howells <dhowells@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I've seeing some weird behaviour in the upstream Linux cifs filesystem that's
causing generic/002 to fail.  The test case makes a file and creates a number
of hardlinks to it, then deletes those hardlinks in reverse order, checking
the link count on the original file each time it removes one.

I could also reproduce it in ksmbd but not in Windows Server 2022 or
samba v4.19.

Looks like a ksmbd bug where it's not checking for multiple
opens on close with DELETE_ON_CLOSE set, and just removing
the file.