Re: possible circular locking dependency detected warning and deadlock

On 10/26/23 13:07, Paulo Alcantara wrote:
Frank Sorenson <frank@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I'm getting a 'WARNING: possible circular locking dependency detected'
followed by a DEADLOCK when I access /proc/fs/cifs/DebugData while doing
a lot of mounts/unmounts/IO, etc.
Could you please retry with attached patches?

I was able to reproduce an GPF with a similar test by running xfstests
from Steve's for-next branch with

         'vers=3.1.1,multichannel,max_channels=2'

against Windows Server 2022.

No deadlocks or lockdep warnings.  The deadlock fix from second patch
was just based on code analysis.

Thanks.

I'll test and report back.

Frank