oplock state inconsistencies

I noticed that for SMB2 mounts (which use oplocks) or for mounts to
ksmbd (which defaults to directory leases turned off, but oplocks
turned on) that the open code can get confusing since there are two
fields that are used for checking and saving and updating the oplock
state but they don't appear to be consistent.

struct cifsInodeInfo-->oplock
and
struct cifsFileInfo->oplock_level

Any thoughts of the reason for having two fields, stored in different
structures, to store the caching state?  It is a little bit easier to
follow with leases instead of oplocks.

In the short term I am trying to understand/fix why with oplocks so
many operations break oplocks unnecessarily (due to not reusing open
handles)

--
Thanks,

Steve