Cannot list files in a directory with New Nintendo 3DS MicroSD Management twice in a single session

After mounting a New Nintendo 3DS using the 3DS’s MicroSD Management
after going to the directory where it is mounted I can only run the ls
command once before the ls command starts erroring.

I had narrowed the issue down to the New Nintendo 3DS (which uses
version 1 of the SMB protocol) not supporting the
“SMB_FIND_FILE_DIRECTORY_INFO” information level code in SMB1 (instead
returning the not implemented error) while supporting all of the other
find information level codes 0x0102 and 0x0104 to 0x0106 apart from
supporting FileIds (Not sure about 0x0103 since I could only get it to
return a not found error when using 0x0103) and the default
information level code used in Linux being
“SMB_FIND_FILE_DIRECTORY_INFO” when the server is detected to not
properly support FileIds.

Tried on 5.15.90.1-microsoft-standard-WSL2 (wsl2) and
5.15.0-1045-azure (hyper-v virtual machine).
Mount.cifs version on both is 6.14.