Re: linux-next: manual merge of the mm-stable tree with the cifs tree

Hi David,

On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 07:19:17 +0000 David Howells <dhowells@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > in the cifs tree introduces a new usage of it in code that is used in
> > the cifs code ... so someone has to figure out what the merge
> > resolution is between the 2 trees (how to replace that new usage) and
> > let me know and then we need to test that combination for a while
> > before asking Linus to take it.
>
> It seems I can't fix my patch and give Steve a replacement patch because the
> new filemap_get_folios_tag() that I would need to use hasn't been added
> upstream yet.  Do we have any idea when the mm tree might land?

Andrew has already asked for it to be merged, so its up to Linus.

You could fetch it yourself and do a trial merge and send me your
resolution ..

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/akpm/mm tags/mm-stable-2023-02-20-13-37

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell