possible patch to mount.cifs.c

Hi,
long story short: updated to ubuntu 20.04, postponed so long because of broken networking, among other things. Finally got it to work with resolved names, which I used in conjunction with mounting my old mac mini, lots of data/back-up data retained there. In using: sudo mount.cifs '//stevens-mac-mini.local/steven' /mnt/steven -o user=steven,vers=1.0 I get 'mount error(111): could not connect to (ipv6 address)' with forgotten '\n'.
However, it does mount, regardless of error.
 Purposed patch is replacement at mount.cifs.c:2268 with:
 case EHOSTUNREACH:
  fprintf(stderr, "could not connect to %s\n", currentaddress);
  currentaddress = nextaddress;
  if ((nextaddress == NULL) || (*nextaddress == 0))
   break;
  nextaddress = strchr(currentaddress, ',');
  if (nextaddress)
   *nextaddress++ = '\0';
  goto mount_retry;

Sorry about not in normal patch format, but gun shy when it comes to developers that are unknown to me and apologies for bothering you if this a waste of email.
I wish to be personally CC'ed the answers/comments posted to the list
 Steve