Re: mount.cifs man page

On 8/18/2022 12:30 PM, Enzo Matsumiya wrote:
On 08/18, Steve French wrote:
I was looking at the mount.cifs man page, which is missing
documentation for some mount options, and also could be made less
confusing by moving some of the less commonly needed mount options.

"Some" mount options?!? I counted at least 100 when I last looked
at fs_context.c ...

That said, don't let me deter you! It's a good plan.

Tom.

Are there good examples (of better written man pages) that we could
borrow ideas for a a breakdown by section, etc. ?

I keep referring to nvme stuff, whether it's code or documentation. I
think they do a pretty good job in making things clear.

cf.: man 1 nvme, (e.g.) man 1 nvme-connect, drivers/nvme/*

HTH

--
Thanks,

Steve