Re: RDMA (smbdirect) testing

On 5/23/2022 9:07 AM, David Howells wrote:
Namjae Jeon <linkinjeon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No. I was able to reproduce the same problem that David reported. I
and Hyunchul will take a look. I also confirmed that RDMA work well
without any problems with soft-ROCE. Until this problem is fixed, I'd
like to say David to use soft-ROCE.

I managed to set up soft-RoCE and get cifs working over that.

One thing I'm not sure about: on my server, I see the roce device with
ibv_devices, but on my test client, I don't.  I'm wondering if there's
something I need to configure to get that.

Probably not, but I'd recommend to avoid wading into that if your
testing is going ok. Send a report to linux-rdma and let them know,
if so?

We are told that RedHat is removing SoftRoCE from RHEL9, this too might
affect your future testing plans...

Tom.

I've attached the config for reference.  Note that I build a monolithic kernel
so that I can PXE boot it directly out of the build dir rather than building
and installing a fresh rpm each time.

David