Improving perf for async i/o path

Hi,

This is a question for anyone who understands the async I/O codepath
better than I do:

Today, we have the esize mount option, which delegates the task of
decryption to worker threads. But the task of encryption still happens
in the context of the i/o thread.

If the i/o process does synchronous read/write, it isn't such a big
deal. But if it's an async i/o, there is a potentially significant
perf gain that we can make if we can offload the heavy lifting to
worker threads, and let the main thread move on to the next request.

What do you all feel about moving the server->ops->async_writev (and
async_readv) to a worker thread? Do you see any potential challenges
if we go that route?

--
Regards,
Shyam