Re: Regarding EKEYEXPIRED error during dns_query

On 03/29, Shyam Prasad N wrote:
David: Do you know if making frequent calls to dns_query can possibly
prevent expired keys from being cleaned up?

The problem is that the key is being created with a permanent TTL:

2135708b I------     1 perm 1f030000     0     0 keyring   .dns_resolver: 2

But answering your question, if a request to the same key is done before
it expires, yes, it will extend its TTL. But, again, in the current
case, cifs is only doing unnecessary upcalls every 5s, while also
possibly getting outdated cached records.

I sent my patch to fix this as RFC to David, but he probably missed. I'll
re-submit it to a public ML with him on CC.

Cheers,

Enzo