Failure to access cifs mount of samba share after resume from sleep with 5.17-rc5

I'm on a x86_64 ubuntu 22.04 system accessing a similar system running
samba Version 4.13.14-Ubuntu. Both systems are on ubuntu mainline
kernel 5.17-rc5.

I have a samba share mounted from my fstab, and file access works fine.
Upon suspending my system and resuming though, the mounted samba share
is inaccessible, and my dmesg has many "CIFS: VFS: cifs_tree_connect:
could not find superblock: -22" messages.

Unmounting and remounting the share restores access.

When I boot into kernel 5.16.11, I do not have this issue. The cifs
share is accessible just fine after a suspend/resume cycle.

I assume this is a regression with 5.17? Is there any information
worth providing which might help debug and fix this issue?

Regards,

Satadru Pramanik