Re: [CFT] vfs.git #work.cifs

I can put the patches back into the automated test bucket tomorrow.
There was a problem with the last patch of the series breaking, but
all the rest looked fine before.  I wanted to add onto those the
change (and earlier WIP patch of mine) to move the conversion of path
separators (depending on dialect) '/' to '\' to later (not in
build_path_from_dentry ... but rather later (where it is safer to do
the conversion) e.g. when the pathname is translated (usually from
UTF8 to UCS2 Unicode).

Setting up Samba server is pretty easy for testing - some of the
instructions are on the Samba xfstesting wiki page

Also interesting that it could even be a bit easier (setting up
automated testing on localhost) for some soon by testing to the kernel
server (ksmbd) but that is currently in linux-next not mainline (yet)
pending working through various code review comments, patches etc.

--
Thanks,

Steve