Re: [bug report] cifsd: introduce SMB3 kernel server

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 10:21 AM Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Code that goes into linux-next needs to be posted to the relevant
> lists, which in this case includes linux-fsdevel and linux-kernel.  No
> backstory of conference and internal trees replaces that in any way.

Yes - agree.

When I last talked with Namjae (and looks like he asked others for
opinions as well
how to restructure the patch series to be easier to review on
linux-fsdevel), the
plan was to send the patches to fsdevel as the smaller set (same as just
went in linux-next) ASAP, but he just finished an important piece of the
description (the updated protocol feature implementation summary) last
night which
he asked me (and probably others) to review before sending it out.

--
Thanks,

Steve