Re: we actually need richacls ...

On 2021-03-18 at 07:33 +0000 samba-bugs@xxxxxxxxx sent off:
> --- Comment #1 from Björn Jacke <bjacke@xxxxxxxxx> ---
> Generlly much of the cifsacl stuff is really nice bug with the outstanding
> bugs, some of those that Micah  reported, cifs vfs with NT ACLs is just not
> usable and people who *need* to use full NT ACLs with a POSIX client have no
> other option than using a different OS with native NFS4 ACLs support like
> FreeBSD currently.

it would also be great if the cifs developers would all trogether try to
convince the kernel developers that the richacl implmentation gets upstreamed.
cifs vfs urgently needs it. NT ACLs on POSIX clients are practically unusabe
without having richalcs. Same for the upcoming cifs kernel server.

I tried to bring up the richacl topic a while ago on the kerenel mailing list
but the voices of many of the cifs developers will be much more significant and
can not so easily be ignored by the kernel maintainer I think.

Björn