Passwords containg commas are no longer working in credential files

Hello,

I'm using a password containing commas to mount a remote cifs on my computer. I recently upgraded the linux kernel on my system to 5.11, which seems to contain a regression, making the comma a separator even in the credential file.

I'm using `mount /path/to/mount` to mount the filesystem with the following contained in `/etc/fstab`:

//domain.tld/share    /path/to/mount    cifs noauto,credentials=/home/jkhsjdhjs/.credentials,uid=jkhsjdhjs,gid=jkhsjdhjs,dir_mode=0755,file_mode=0644 0 0

My credential file looks like this:

user=myusername
pass=abc,def
domain=mydomain

With Linux 5.11 or 5.11.1 the following is printed to `dmesg` when trying to mount the filesystem: `[ 3051.668834] cifs: Unknown parameter 'def'`. This worked fine with 5.10.16 and below, the man page also says this should work:

Note that a password which contains the delimiter character (i.e. a comma ',') will fail to be parsed correctly on the command line. However, the same password defined in the PASSWD environment variable or via a credentials file (see below) or entered at the password prompt will be read correctly.

Thus it seems there has been a regression in 5.11. I tried to identifiy the commit that caused this regression, but wasn't able to. I also checked if this bug is already known by searching lkml.org and didn't find anything. Sorry if I missed something.

Best Regards,

Leon Möller