Re: updated ksmbd (cifsd)

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 06:45:51PM +0100, Stefan Metzmacher via samba-technical wrote:
Am 14.12.20 um 02:20 schrieb Steve French via samba-technical:
I just rebased https://github.com/smfrench/smb3-kernel/tree/cifsd-for-next
ontop of 5.10 kernel. Let me know if you see any problems.   xfstest
results (and recent improvements) running Linux cifs.ko->ksmbd look
very promising.

I just looked briefly, but I'm wondering about a few things:

1. The xattr's to store additional meta data are not compatible with
  Samba's way of storing things:
  https://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=blob;f=librpc/idl/xattr.idl

  In order to make it possible to use the same filesystem with both servers
  it would be great if the well established way used in Samba would be used
  as well.

A thousand times this ! If cifs.ko->ksmbd adds a differnt way
of storing the extra meta-data that is incompatible with Samba
this would be a disaster for users.

Please fix this before proposing any merge.