Re: Kernel hangs in cifs_reconnect

Hi Paulo

On 29-10-2019 15:49, Paulo Alcantara wrote:
Hi Martijn,

Martijn de Gouw <martijn.de.gouw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Anybody any idea on what goes wrong here?

Looks like an use-after-free bug in cifs_reconnect(). cifs superblock
gets freed due to automount expiration and then we dereference it in
dfs_cache_noreq_find().

Is any of the recently posted patches related to my issue, because I'm
more that willing to test out patches if needed.

Could you please test it again with below patch?

It's running the same version+your patch now, will let you know within a couple of days!

Thanks, Martijn

cheers,
Paulo

--