Re: Possible timeout problem when opening a file twice on a SMB mount

> > Please update the thread once you verify the patch with the other
> > software you mentioned.
>
> It works as expected. Issue is gone. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for validating the patch, I will proceed with creating a formal
patch then.

> > If it works fine, I will prepare a formal
> > patch for the mainline and active stable kernels.
>
> As I'm not familiar with the kernel development cycle: how long will
> it usually take for a patch to be included in the kernel?
>
> Which are the active stable kernels?

Since this is a fix not a new functionality it can be merged in the
mainline pretty quickly. It will be tagged for Stable kernels, so, it
will be automatically picked up for the stable kernels. Right now the
active stable kernels are: v4.19.x, v5.2.x and v5.3.x. The v5.1.x that
you are using doesn't receive updates any more, so, I would recommend
you to update you kernel to one of those.

--
Best regards,
Pavel Shilovsky