Re: FSCTL_QUERY_ALLOCATED_RANGES issue with Windows2016

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 18:31:51 +0200, David Disseldorp wrote:

> Nothing stands out in the captures to me, but I'd be curious whether you
> see any differences in behaviour if you set write-through on open or
> explicitly FLUSH after the SET-SPARSE call.

Hmm actually it looks like there's already a FLUSH shortly after the
mtime update following the SetInfo(EOF). One thing that does look a
little weird is the AllocationSize field before that FLUSH - in
seek_bad.cap.gz it's 2M, whereas it's ~6M in seek_good.cap.gz.

This'd be a good case to use Aurélien's smbcmp utility :)

Cheers, David