Re: PROBLEM: Kernel oops when mounting a encryptData CIFS share with CONFIG_DEBUG_VIRTUAL

On 7/25/19 10:35 PM, Pavel Shilovsky wrote:
>> mount works without CONFIG_DEBUG_VIRTUAL
>>
>> If we don't set CONFIG_VMAP_STACK mount works with CONFIG_DEBUG_VIRTUAL
>> We have the following (very quick and dirty) patch :
> Thanks for reporting this. The patch looks good to me. Did you test
> your scenario all together with it (not only mounting)?
>

> Best regards,
> Pavel Shilovskiy

We've done some tests (mount/unmount, copy/delete/move files) and it seems
to be OK.

We aren't sure that our patch corrects the root cause of this issue, as
for our
understanding, kernel stack with VMAP_STACK enabled might not be contiguous.
If the stack is too big to be on one page and data are splitted accross non
contiguous pages it might not work.

Regards

Cyrille Mucchietto