Kerberos ticket expiration on CIFS client

Hi there,

I recently deployed an SMB share for my team and am trying to access
it from Linux clients joined to the same AD (using cifs-utils). When
mapping the file share, I first run "kinit <user@domain>" to receive a
Kerberos certificate on my client, and then map the share using
"sec=krb5" in the mount command.

This all works flawlessly, but 10 hours later (the lifetime of the
Kerberos ticket) the mapped share stops working. Note that I don't see
the same behavior when mounting the same share from a Windows client
(e.g., there's no need to re-login after 10 hours).

Is there anything that needs to be set up in the Linux CIFS clients to
prevent the tickets from expiring, or to cause them to periodically
renew themselves (similar to what Windows clients might be doing to
work around this issue)?

Thanks!

Andy