Re: v5.1-rc1 cifs bug: underflow; use-after-free.

Dominik Brodowski <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Thanks for taking a look at this issue. Fortunately, it is easily
> reproducable (at least for me).

Which server are you doing this against? I couldn't reproduce against
Windows Server 2016.

>> If you enable verbose debugging [1], if my theory is correct you should
>> see a lease break messsage followed by "clear cached root file handle"
>> message before the warning.
>
> Hm, no.

Ok well I'm not sure what is happening then. But the final points still
stand:

- since we don't free anything in the release function, there is no
  use-after-free.
- the access to the kref is already protected by crfid.fid_mutex so we
  could replace it with a regular int and avoid the warning generated by
  kref_put() that you see.

--
Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team
GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97  8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3