Re-resolve hostname on ip change/IPV4 mount on boot failure

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to find a fix for a problem I have with a permanent
cifs-share.

When entering the share into fstab as normal using the hostname it
defaults to using ipv6. However as this is a home setup and I regularly
get a new IPV6 prefix the IPV6 address of my server changes. This
results in a broken mount and a host unreachable. Apparently the
cifs-mount does not try to re-resolve the hostname if it becomes
unreachable.

Entering the IPV4 brings its own problems, as while this is static it
prevents the share from mounting on boot with the error:

[    9.689442] CIFS VFS: Error connecting to socket. Aborting operation.
[    9.689445] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -101

I have only found other people with similar issues to this. It takes
much longer than with IPV6 for some reason to get to a stage where
mounting is possible.

Any ideas on how to fix either situation?

Best regards,
Felix