Re: Howto displa snapshots by CIFS mount

On 27.07.2018 10:32, Aurélien Aptel wrote:
Steve French <smfrench@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
I will try to cleanup one of the test tools I have been using and post (pretty ugly code in my current test tool)
Should this go in samba? Like a net subcommand, or perhaps mount.cifs. Cheers,

That means this functionality is not yet implemented, right?
As i understand it, a implementation is already done for Windows Clients using shadow_copy2 and on Windows there is a user/system implementation which are able to list those snapshots. So for linux it should be in mount.cifs to be able as linux client to list the snapshots of a samba server, or? Please let me know if and when the code is getting into, i'm willing to test it out. We have a setup with several hundreds user and several TB in there user homes. So really a productive environment where i can give it a try.

Best regards,
Marco