Re: cifs.ko + smb 3.0 + DFS fails (though direct mount succeeds)

Hello Aurelien,

I am running kernel 4.11.5 on an Ubuntu 16.04.2 system with cifs-utils 6.4 in a test environment, connecting to a DFS share on a Windows Server 2008 R2 with SMBv2 / 2.1.

Wireshark sniffing on the Ubuntu system shows the request for the referral, also the response with the correct hostname of the fileserver holding the share. After that nothing happens and cifs-utils throws "Invalid argument". I dont know what argument should be wrong. I also tried cifs-utils 6.7 from the git repo with no luck.

I try to get it working for two weeks now, so any help is welcome :-)

A connection to the DFS share from a windows client instead works well.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Christian

Von meinem iPhone gesendet