Re: smb3 mount fix for Macs

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 5:24 AM, David Disseldorp <ddiss@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 May 2017 21:25:50 -0500, Steve French wrote:
>
>> Minor update and added cc:stable
>>
>> https://git.samba.org/?p=sfrench/cifs-2.6.git;a=commit;h=7db0a6efdc3e990cdfd4b24820d010e9eb7890ad
>
> The relaxed validate negotiate rsplen check looks okay, but I think the
> reduced MaxOutputResponse change should probably be split out into a
> separate commit, as it affects all other ioctls.

That is a good thing in a way - because we don't want any ioctls to
send more than maxbufsize until we can handle this.

> Given that the response size is known in advance, couldn't we have the
> validate_negotiate caller pass in the desired MaxOutputResponse value?

Perhaps - but I don't know if that makes sense until we have way of
handling more than max buf size (defaults to 16K payload) in smb2
ioctl/fsctl response.

My gut reaction is to change the code to allow passing in maxoutput
for response on ioctl when we have a way of handling 'very large'
ioctl responses in demultiplexing in smb2 transport layer.

--
Thanks,

Steve