Re: An odd behavior (win-junction vs. symlink): trying to find why, & claim of no-symlinks valid?

Have you tried a relative symlink target path (ie ../Program Files)
instead of an absolute path?

I am puzzled how a junction could work (on Linux) ever - if the target
path had C:\... in it or started with \  - on the other hand a target
that was relative to the first directory (e.g. began with ..\) should
be fine because Linux client could resolve the path.

Offline if you could send me a wireshark trace (or netmon) - of just
the stat or ls of the failing link - I could tell you more clearly
what is going.

Thanks,

Steve