Access samba share which underlying storage is very slow

Dear all,

I use Samba to share FUSE based file system which underlying storage is very slow sometimes (not always). Read/Write/Open sometimes may take several minutes. And especially, "write" must be in sequential manner. And "write to file" cannot break in the middle of a file (much like tape).

All that are ok for Samba, but it seems to be a problem for CIFS on client side. It seems operations timeout are all hardcoded, and cannot be adjusted during mount. After timeout, CIFS client will reconnect and then resume "write" from where is broken (but this is not acceptable for my case).

Is there a way to make CIFS client block at slow operations without timeout?

Thanks
Mike