Re: Is that possible follow symbol link location which point with full location

HI Steve,

   Thanks for your reply, but it's not work for symbol link which
create on windows server side and point to full unc (which is itself
sub dir).

for the windows server side, I do:

mklink /d def abc # this create a dir symbol link and works well for
linux client

mklink /d ghi \\winip\linktest\abc # this create a unc symbol link and
not work with linux client.

and the I share the current dir ( named linktest).

the linux result:

root@linuxworker:/mnt# mount.cifs -o
vers=3.0,username=abc,password=abc1abc,domain=myhostname,
nounix,mfsymlinks //winip/linktest linktest

root@linuxworker:/mnt# ls linktest/ # dir list well
abc/     def/     def.txt  ghi

root@linuxworker:/mnt# ls linktest/ghi    # nothing be show here!
linktest/ghi

root@linuxworker:/mnt# LANG=C ls -l linktest/ghi  # the ghi point a
unc which create on windows server by mklink /D ghi
\\winip\linktest\abc, and work right with windows client
l--------- 1 root root 0 Aug 29 23:17 linktest/ghi -> /??/UNC/winip/linktest/abc
root@linuxworker:/mnt# LANG=C ls -l linktest  # all detail about the
linktest share content
total 1
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Aug 29 23:17 abc
l--------- 1 root root 0 Aug 29 23:16 def -> abc
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3 Aug 29 23:15 def.txt
l--------- 1 root root 0 Aug 29 23:17 ghi -> /??/UNC/winip/linktest/abc

Thanks for reply:)