Re: CIFS hang

Hello,

I had to reboot the machine and ever since it has not reoccured although
it had happend a number of times before. Wonder if it might be related
to powerlan for I had to reboot these as well.

Anyway just for completeness sake here are the answers:

Am 22.02.2016 um 05:54 schrieb Steve French:

> Also would be useful to know if this fails on more recent kernel

I'm using 3.18.25 as this was (at that time) a longterm kernel version.
I've recently upgraded to 3.18.36  (currently one of the longterm
kernels)? A newer kernel (4.6.3) had some graphics issues so it's not
usable for me.

> On Feb 21, 2016 22:37, "Shirish Pargaonkar"
> <shirishpargaonkar@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:shirishpargaonkar@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     There may be some kind of deadlock, that is why soft mount option is
>     not responding,
>     otherwise you would seen something like "host is down"
>     All of the shares show DISCONNECTED in file DebugData.
>     Can you use crash utility and see the stack trace of the ls
>     command that hangs?
>     What if you mounted from just one share/server (1.1.1.22 e.g.), do you
>     see the same problem?

I don't have crash installed and am somewhat reluctant as it has quite a
footprint. I assumed the call trace in messages to be a stack trace. Can
I get more useful information by attaching with gdb? What should I be
looking for?

I usually work with both of them. As the hang only occurs after some
time I can try to only mount the second nas when needing it and
unmounting it later. Why do you think it might have an impact?

Thanks a lot for your answers and I'm happy it has vanished at least for
quite some time now.

Regards,

Markus