Re: CIFS hang

> How reproducible is it?

Currently it happens randomly and I've no idea what or how it's caused
so I can't reproduce only wait when it happens. But it have happened
like once every few days.

> Do you see a timeout occurring (ie if you look at /proc/fs/cifs/Stats
> and /proc/fs/cifs/DebugData you may see session disconnect)?

After it did hung and then restarting smbd, right now everything is working
and it shows

$ cat /proc/fs/cifs/Stats
Resources in use
CIFS Session: 1
Share (unique mount targets): 1
SMB Request/Response Buffer: 1 Pool size: 5
SMB Small Req/Resp Buffer: 1 Pool size: 30
Operations (MIDs): 0

523 session 5 share reconnects
Total vfs operations: 280 maximum at one time: 3

1) \\192.168.1.2\Data$
SMBs: 30
Negotiates: 0 sent 0 failed
SessionSetups: 0 sent 0 failed
Logoffs: 0 sent 0 failed
TreeConnects: 0 sent 0 failed
TreeDisconnects: 0 sent 0 failed
Creates: 0 sent 2 failed
Closes: 0 sent 0 failed
Flushes: 0 sent 0 failed
Reads: 0 sent 0 failed
Writes: 0 sent 0 failed
Locks: 0 sent 0 failed
IOCTLs: 0 sent 0 failed
Cancels: 0 sent 0 failed
Echos: 0 sent 0 failed
QueryDirectories: 0 sent 2 failed
ChangeNotifies: 0 sent 0 failed
QueryInfos: 0 sent 0 failed
SetInfos: 0 sent 0 failed
OplockBreaks: 0 sent 0 failed

$ cat /proc/fs/cifs/DebugData
Display Internal CIFS Data Structures for Debugging
CIFS Version 2.08
Features: dfs fscache lanman posix spnego xattr acl
Active VFS Requests: 0
Servers:
1) entry for 192.168.1.2 not fully displayed
        TCP status: 1
        Local Users To Server: 1 SecMode: 0x1 Req On Wire: 0
        Shares:
        1) \\192.168.1.2\Data$ Mounts: 1 DevInfo: 0x60020 Attributes: 0xc700ff
        PathComponentMax: 255 Status: 1 type: DISK
        Share Capabilities: None Aligned, Partition Aligned,    Share
Flags: 0x0        Optimal sector size: 0x1000

        MIDs:

> If the scenario can be narrowed to something small - can you capture a
> network trace and send it to me
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Capture_Packets
>
> or another page describing how to do this:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/LinuxCIFS_troubleshooting
>
> (the 2nd link also includes information on how to make a more detailed
> trace of dmesg, the kernel messages which also would be useful)

I'll try to when it happens, but because I don't know how to reproduce it
will have to wait when it happens again. Also after hang there might not
be any cifs/samba network traffic at all... So I guess first should
find out how to
reproduce it but I've no idea even how... It might be related so some specific
file access pattern, timing or some other event.

Anyway thanks! And hope we'll be able to figure out this one.