Re: cifs unable to access shares with read restricted at root level (bso#8950)

Hi Shirish,

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 22:04:28 -0500 Shirish Pargaonkar
<shirishpargaonkar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> They are stored in a linked list of struct cifs_rdelem off of
> superblock where each element of this linked list points to a
> disconnected dentry.

This list is only used use when we mount with noserverino. It doesn't
work in both case anyway.

> > * How do you allocate a new dentry?
> > * What do d_obtain_alias() and d_splice_dentry() actually do? I've
> > read the doc strings several times but I still have a hard time
> > wrapping my head around it.
>
> I think the simplistic answer is d_obtain_alias creates a dentry
> without a parent and d_splice_dentry connects a disconnected dentry
> to a parent. So let us say you have a a filesystem like /a/b/c/d/e/f
> where c is not accessible, we would create a disconnected for d (and
> for all the entries starting d such as e and f)
> Then when c is accessible and we are trying to reach f, while
> traversing, for each dentry we would look whether it is disconnected
> or not and if found (by any of three search routines), splice dentry
> with c.
>
> What kind of setup do you have where the patchset is not working?

Everything is explained on the link I provided. It's the same setup you
used I think.

  http://diobla.info/doc/suse-todo#bnc799133

--
Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team
GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97  8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3