strange bottleneck with SMB 2.0

SMB developers/users,

I'm experiencing a strange bottleneck when my files are mounted as SMB
2.0. When I launch  multiple processes in parallel for benchmarking,
only the 1st one starts, and the rest won't start until the 1st one
finishes:

---------------------------------------test
programs--------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
./a.out&
./a.out&
./a.out&
wait

a.out is just a C program like this:

int main()
{
  printf("greetings\n");
  while (true);
  return 0;
}

Apparently, this only affects SMB 2.0. I tried it with SMB 2.1, SMB
3.0, & SMB 3.02, and everything starts in parallel as expected.

I'm assuming SMB 3 and especially SMB 2.1 would share a common
implementation. How could 2.0 have the problem but not 3? It almost
seems the bottleneck is a feature instead of a bug?  8(

Can it still be fixed?

-Yale