Accented characters not working with CIFS (but ok with smbclient)

Hy,

I'm not sure of what can be relevant so I'll tell the whole story.

I have a router (that I got from my ISP) which allows the connection of a pen/HDD by USB. That pen is shared on the network as a Windows Share folder.

In Windows 7 I can see all the files name correctly, but when I mount the drive in Linux, with the command:

mount -t cifs //<local share ip-address>/<shared-folder> --verbose -o user=user,pass="",uid=1000,gid=1000

(there is no password)

All file names with special characters (like Çãõé...) have a question mark in place of the accented character and I can't open the file or folder, as any command responds the file doesn't exist. This happens in dolphin, thunar and in the command line with simple commands like cat.

I tried adding the following option without success

iocharset=utf-8
iocharset=utf-8,codepage=cp437
iocharset=utf-8,codepage=cp850
iocharset=iso8859-1

This also happens if I access the share from my android device, so I was convinced it was a problem related to old firmware (from the router).

However, recently I connected to the drive using smbclient and the file names appeared correctly. I would like to mount this share folder at fstab, and so smbclient is not a good solution.

I'm using:
Linux kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64
(Debian Wheezy)
mount.cifs version: 5.5

And I get this information from smbclient -L <local share ip address>:
(smbclient version 4.1.11-Debian)
Server=[Samba 2.2.12]

So. Is there something else I can try?

Thanks in advance.