Re: Kerberized mount.cifs with SMB>1?

On 08/20/2014 04:43 PM, steve wrote:
On Wed, 2014-08-20 at 16:08 +0200, Jurjen Bokma wrote:
Hi,

These are the commands that fail with mount error(13): Permission denied

mount.cifs  //ws.mydomain.com/ydrive  /mnt/y
-omultiuser,sec=krb5,noexec,nosuid,vers=3.0
Hi
The upcall has nothing to go on. Get it working with cifs first:

Who mounts the share? Add a domain user with a uid:gid key to the keytab
and:
Hi Steve,

thanks for the advice.
I added a key for a domain user to the keytab. User has UID, GID, can log in on both Windows and Linux, and do kinit and kgetcred. Then I did what you advise (with cifsuser its username):
mount.cifs //your/share /mnt -ousername=cifsuser,sec=krb5
This works, as it uses SMB1. SMB1 also works *with* all the frills. But it fails with 2.0, 2.1 or 3.0:

mount.cifs //your/share /mnt -ousername=cifsuser,sec=krb5,vers=3.0

No significant changes: still no trace of Kerberos in Wireshark.
Is there a way to see what keys upcall is being asked for?

I would very much like to get it working with protocol version 2.0 or later.

Best Regards
Jurjen

add any multiuser frills later.
HTH,