Question on Active Directory Authentication

Hi everybody,

just one simple question regarding the authentication of users in the mount options: Is it possible to authenticate a user with his userPrincipalName attribute and a password or are there any more dependencies to get this to work (i. e. krb5 or other security options)?

Example: mount -t cifs //server/share /mnt -o username=my.upn.prefix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,password=PASSWORD

The only working solution was with the default sAMAccountName Attribute.

Background:
We are building a new fileservice for Windows and Linux Clients. The users are stored in Active Directory. The username (sAMAccountName) is a random string created by the Server itself. The only login attribute the user knows is his UPN (which is also the mailaddress in our case).

Thanks in advance
Christian

--

Christian Lutz

Landeshauptstadt Muenchen
it@M - Dienstleister fuer Informations- und Telekommunikationstechnik
Geschäftsbereich Werkzeuge und Infrastruktur
Servicebereich Security und Netzwerkinfrastruktur
Serviceteam ID-Management
Komponentenverantwortlicher Active Directory

Buero: Herzog-Wilhelm-Straße 22, München
Postanschrift: Herzogspitalstr. 24, 80331 München

Telefon: +49 89 233-25596
Fax.: +49 89 233-98925596
E-Mail:	christian.lutz@xxxxxxxxxxx