Seemingly random loss of permissions to krb5i multiuser mounts

Greetings,

I've got a small set (12) of RHEL 6.5 boxes connecting to a WS2008
share using mount.cifs, krb5i, multiuser.

I don't have my specific fstab in front of me, but to recollection it is:

//server.name/share /share cifs sec=krb5i,multiuser,user=MACHINE$ 0 0
for each machine.

Packet signing was required-- would not mount without krb5i.

/etc/request-key.conf contains the appropriate cifs upcall commands as
described in the man page.

The machines are joined to the AD domain, and each machine has a good
/etc/krb5.keytab and good Kerberos operation.

First, the good:

All machines, upon bootup, achieve a good multiuser mount.  Users can
login, obtain appropriate kerberos tickets, and access the share
without issue.  Permissions enforcement is correct.  I can tell it is
working right because multiple users can create files which are owned
by them.  Users cannot access folders they should not be able to based
on MSAD permissions setup.  kdestroy causes loss of access to the
mount as expected... etc.  Smells like victory.

The bad:

Users are experiencing what seem like fairly random loss of
permissions accessing the share.  After some period of time, users
begin obtaining "Permission denied" errors when accessing the share.
It does not happen on all machines.  Some machines seem to stay
working for a week, while others may go down after only a few hours.
The only solution once this happens is to mount is to umount and mount
the share, at which points it immediately works again.  Reboot also
solves the problem.  The kerberos tickets still appear to be valid, so
I do not think that is the problem.  In addition, any subsequent
kdestroy and kinit do not fix it.  So do not believe related to
Kerberos expiration though have not ruled it out entirely.

The only lead I have right now is I am still seeing some "CIFS VFS:
Server requires packet signing to be enabled" messages in dmesg even
though I am mounting as krb5i.  I noticed the default in
/proc/fs/cifs/SecurityFlags was 0x7 (may use NTLMv2,may use packet
signing, may use NTLM) , so I attempted to modify to 0x9009 which I
thought might solve the problem.  My math (hopefully correct :-> )
there was:

   must use packet signing                         0x01001
+ must use Kerberos                                 0x08008

                                                  0x09009

I probably owe you version numbers of the module and some more
specific debug information.  But was hoping to get the thread started
with a few of the smart guys to see if we can't get the obvious things
out of the way.

Should I continue to attempt to hunt and resolve any packet signing
error messages?  Could they somehow be eventually causing the
permissions errors?  What specific log messages would be helpful?
I've turned on cifsFYI and looked over DebugData but there is
obviously a lot there and nothing stuck out.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

--
-Kyle