Re: Mounting network share on Linux as SMB2

On Tue, 13 May 2014 22:55:36 +0000
Mark Hatch <mhatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jeffrey-
>
> I have been reading and reading for the last few days trying to figure out how to mount a network share on our RHEL 6.4 servers using smb2.  The main reason we need to do this is so that the linux machine can see (and follow) symbolic links.  I have tried to do this with the “mount –t cifs” command and it doesn’t seem to work.
>
> I’m not very familiar with Linux, though I have dabbled a bit in it.  In all of my searching, I haven’t found any info that makes sense to me.  Do you know or can you point me to a resource that explains where to start in fairly simple terms?
>
> I ran across your name and address several times as I’ve been looking into this.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mark Hatch | System Support
> Publishing Services Department
> Office 801.240.9467 | Cell 801.599.9721
> mhatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mhatch14@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

>  NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

(cc'ing linux-cifs mailing list)

Hi Mark,

Your best bet is to email linux-cifs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with some info
about what you're trying to do.

I'm a little unclear from the description above. Are you trying to
mount RHEL servers that are exporting filesystems via smb2, or are you
trying to mount filesystems from another server (windows?) using smb2?

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxx>