Re: Problem with Samba re-share of a CIFS mount

On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 16:50:45 +0100
Gionatan Danti <g.danti@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The rationale is that windows servers always send a NumberOfLinks value
of '0' for directories. We have a hack in place that went in around a
year ago to work around that for (arguably broken) applications that
try to infer something about an inode that has a zero st_nlink value.

There is no workaround. Either fix the application such that it doesn't
care or patch the kernel. I'll cc Jim since he did a fair bit of
looking at this several months ago.

In truth though, resharing a cifs mount is probably not a great
solution. It sounds like the kind of setup that's going to end up being
fraught with cache coherency problems...

Ok, I understand now :)

Thank you very much, Jeff.

--
Danti Gionatan